Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hell, Yes.


I totally scored the job I wanted.

After 5 months of hard-core job searching in and around Portland, Maine, I found what seems like a perfect job. I'm still in shock, and I'm technically working there on a trial basis to see if I fit well with the firm. But I have a job! And it's not shitty! My coworkers are a couple of nice and like-minded ex-New Yorkers. Stylish, even-keeled, intelligent, and definitely not anal IT Nazis. They didn't run a credit check on me, they didn't even call my references. We drank beer at the conference table during the interview!

The first thing I did was to quit my bar job. It felt really good. I'll have one more weekend there starting Friday, then that's it. The next thing I did was to tell my landlord I got a real job and that we won't have to move out of our apartment. That also felt good.

I still feel like I shouldn't let myself get too excited or feel too relieved because what if they hate me or I somehow fuck this up? For now, I just have to remember to get up earlier, shave more often, make a smaller pot of coffee and turn the heat down when I leave the house.

No comments: