Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ken Create.

CLICK TO PLAY VIDEO
For better or for worse, I’m responsible for Ken Create’s fame. A friend in my office was sent this video. He passed it around the office and I uploaded it to iFilm and VH1 selected him for their viral video Web Junk 20 TV show. The host was pretty harsh.

Contrary to popular belief, the tape is not old (2002). Or ironic. This video is also on archive.org where Ken himself comments:

I am Ken Create and welcome to my world of modern dance> I'm glad you like the video. If you would like to order one, or to just contact me you can do so directly. My phone number is *82(973)595-7359. I live in Paterson, NJ and the video was shot by the folks at Innovative Marketing, located in Wyckoff, NJ By Bill Hennessey.

If you would like more information, please contact Justin Style @ (201) 444-6267

I called the number and spoke to Ken, who said he found out about his bizarre fame when a friend called demanding he switch on VH1. To my surprise, Ken's thick Jersey accent and poor grammar were as intense as in the video and he betrayed not an ounce of irony. He earnestly explained that the phone number in the video was for an old cell phone that was stolen from his car and that he hopes people will find his new phone number in the archive.org comments.

I didn't let on that I helped to give him his little boost. Instead I mentioned that we might need his services for an office party. He quickly sent me a "press pack" free of charge, though initially he wanted $20. It included an 8x10 glossy signed photo, his full video reel on a VHS tape, and, for some reason, a complete listing of every Ken Create performance ever. The list dates back to the 80's and includes a special section for Ken's nursing home performances.

I go back and forth about whether I was cruel to Ken. Regardless, I'll be happy to scan and post Ken's press pack and full reel if there's interest.

SEE: KEN CREATE PART 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! POST IT!!!!

Unknown said...

Greetings:
This is the president of the Ken Create fan club, The Wizard Ozzie Bucco. I had Ken as a guest on my dungeon show 2 times so far with a 3rd time scheduled for next Saturday. In my opinion Ken is an extremely multi talented man who has greater and deeper insight than many artistic people today. I am very proud to be representing him. My staff and I have been involved in a liberal oriented Internet talk radio as well as indy circuit pro wrestling for over 10 years. Also a newsletter since 1977.
www.myspace.com/megalife21
www.youtube.com/megalife21

Unknown said...

I welcome everyone to checkout the Ken Create video play list and Ken’s new Myspace web page below, to join his fan club, plus with contact info for people that are seriously interested in employing his services or auditioning for him in person after a telephone interview. His popularity has grown quite a bit, and is growing very rapidly, I am happy to say.

http://www.myspace.com/532060432